Monday, May 21, 2012

Kate Middleton, A Fashion Inspiration

A Real Princess Diaries
You all know Kate Middleton and if you don't, then you should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing the Duchess. Anyway, so I've found that Kate Middleton is one of the most iconic fashion symbols by far. I must agree, because I'm truely in love with her outfits. She doesn't try too hard like Nicki Manji or trash herself like Snooki and the Jersey Shore gang. She really is beautiful in an elegant way. I love her hats and I seriously would kill for her burgandy velvet hat she wore back at Christmas time.

29th April, 2011


For most of us, we remember waking up at 5 in the morning just to watch the marriage of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. If not, then you might have watched it on youtube or something. Anyway, a week before the wedding, I myself was in London tooling around and watching everyone prepare for the wedding. It really was exciting and I'm so glad I got to see the preparation of it. I even ran into Kate Middleton herself. I was dumbfounded and I almost cried. No, I'm just kidding, but I did go speechless. She of course was wearing a fabulous blue dress that I wish I could have stolen. I just couldn't wait to see her wedding dress and when I did and learned it was by the designer for Alexander McQueen, Sarah Burton, I was pretty excited. I'm a sucker for Alexander McQueen outfits and would kill to wear outfits designed by Sarah. When I saw Kate's dress, I was in love. I love the lace that covers her arm, yet shows some skin, but not enough to truly cause an apocolypse of some sort with the royal family. I'm also in love with sweetheart neckline and how well it looks on her. The veil also really brings it all together with the lace on the edge. The bottom of the dress is also magnificent with being poofy but not TOO poofy. It's so beautiful and it really complimented her body shape.

Lace Lovely


This is yet another outfit that Kate wore that I am totally in love with. I love the way it has buttons going down her back and how it shows off her back in a sexy way but has lace to throw in the elegance. I also like the bottom with the beautiful ruffle-like bottoms. I actually had a dress with a bottom like that and I loved the way it moved with me and everytime I twirled, it looked beautiful and graceful.

Hats Galore


This is the burgandy velvet hat I was talking about in the beginning. If you go to school with me or see me outside of school, then you know I have a weird obsession with hats and what not. I love hats and I have all kinds of hats. When I was at Harrods in London, I found this most beautiful hat that I think about everyday and wish I could have it. It's so beautiful. It also compliments her skin and hair very well. I've thought about going back to brown just because I feel like brown hair compliments a lot of people's outfit. Brown hair is also very regal and elegant. Notice how well she pulls this outfit together so effortlessly, she shows that you don't need too much make-up or show off too much skin to be beautiful and lovely in every single way.

The Princess

The last look I'd love to look at, is the one she wore for her first appearance as a princess. This dress is magnificent. Even I would wear it for an occasion like prom and I like to be out there and take the stage. I love the color of this with her hair and the elegance of it. It's super sexy and it really compliments her skin, of course. The beading is beautiful and the way the sleeves flow out like that is just wonderful! She really did steal the night with that outfit.

So there you have it- Kate Middleton. Don't be surprised if I blog more about her and her wonderful outfits. If you want to know more about her outfits and try to dress like her, just look at these outfits. Keep in mind her body shape and find what best compliments you. For more questions or just to keep up, my twitter is @reidschuetz and my email is rschuetz212@gmail.com

Thanks. :) -Reid


No comments:

Post a Comment